Printing addresses on envelopes

Okimot 17:30 24 Jul 2009

Have got a new desktop computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed as the OS. Previous PC had Windows XP. In Wor, if I typed a letter, I could highlight the address and click on an icon to print the address on an envelope. I have tried to find the icon in Wordpad in Vista but cannot locate it.
The icon was on the toolbar in XP.
Cannot seem to add any more commands in Wordpad in Vista.
Any help much appreciated

chub_tor 17:42 24 Jul 2009

Were you using Word or Wordpad in XP? Word is a much more comprehensive programme.

Okimot 17:49 24 Jul 2009

I was using Word in XP

woodchip 17:49 24 Jul 2009

You cannot do it in them programs, like you can in a Word Processor

woodchip 17:53 24 Jul 2009

If you are using word after you type the letter highlight as you did above then there should be may be something under Format in the menu of word I use WordPerfect in Menu\Format I get envelopes, after getting in i choose DL for envelopes I use

Stuartli 18:07 24 Jul 2009

Just substitute Jarte for WordPad (it uses the WordPad engine and adds many extra features, including printing envelopes).

See:

click here (freeware)

TonyV 18:53 24 Jul 2009

If you high light the address you want to print, then click on Tools/Envelopes and Labels, then pick the required envelope and carry on from there.

TonyV

TonyV 19:10 24 Jul 2009

Also, if, when you are in Word, you right click on a tool bar and call up Customise, then look in Tools and traverse down until you see the Envelope icon, called Envelopes and Icons, drag this one to your tool bar, and you should be back where you were before the change to Vista. It is in Word, not in Vista!!

TonyV

TonyV 20:08 24 Jul 2009

I must confess I assumed you also had Word in Vista, but on re-reading your first missive, I see you are trying to do the address bit in Wordpad. You will be struggling with that!

TonyV

Stuartli 23:33 24 Jul 2009

Precisely.

Word is not included with Vista or, in fact, with XP or any other Windows operating system.

TonyV 00:03 25 Jul 2009

Absolutely. What I really meant was that "I assumed you had word ON the Vista machine!"

If it was on the XP machine, can Okimot transfer it on to the Vista machine?

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?