printing 2 pictures from my pictures side by side

mike walker 16:18 15 Sep 2007

does anyone know of a freeware program that will size to fit 2 pictures side by side on A4? thanks

Stuartli 16:21 15 Sep 2007

Windows own Picture and Fax Viewer provides the facilities to print a variety of shots on various photo paper sizes.

Stuartli 16:24 15 Sep 2007

An alternative is Google's Picasa2:

click here

mike walker 21:55 15 Sep 2007

picture & fax viewer is not availible
picasso 2 is too complicated for this use
is a simple free program not availible to place 2 pictures scaled to fit on one A4 sheet ?

Totally-braindead 21:58 15 Sep 2007

Picassa is simple. You don't have to use all the bells and whistles, just pick the 2 photos you want, click print, select the 2 photos side by side and click print. You can't get much easier than that.

Regarding picture and fax viewer can I ask why its not available, it is part of windows after all?

VoG II 22:02 15 Sep 2007

"picture & fax viewer is not availible"

Start, Run, type

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

and click OK. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer should now be available.

BT 07:43 16 Sep 2007

How about setting the picture size to say 5"x7" and printing it at one end of the paper. Then do the same with the other picture and print it on the other end of the paper.

hssutton 09:16 16 Sep 2007

As per Totally-braindead.

Picasa is so simple. It's impossible to make it any easier. Just 4 mouse clicks. (1)&(2)select your two photos. (3)hit the print button, bottom of screen. (4) click on the print button on the resulting page.

lil27 09:18 16 Sep 2007

Just open the picture folder, select the two pictures you want to print and press the printer ICON at the top of the picture folder. You can then select the 'two picture' template from the selections at the right. This is the standard windows print software i think.

Totally-braindead 10:23 16 Sep 2007

By email
"picasso 2 has too many options-& finds images that are totally irrelevant-these progs are written by out of work programmers & not user friendly for the end user ! lets get computers to workfor people not programmers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111"

Well I'm sorry I can't help. I'm afraid I find Picassa a dawdle to use, very simple, about 3 or 4 clicks of the mouse and you are there as far as I am concerned. Its a very simple very user friendly program and I'm sorry you don't find it so as well. You can ignore or delete any images you like and if you just want to print you don't have to use any of the edit options. I love Picassa. Now if you want something that is differcult to use then try something like Photoshop, it has so many options I can see how people would find that an absolute nightmare to use. But Picassa? No, easy to use in my opinion.

Between that and the using the picture and fax viewer you won't really get anything easier than that. The picture and fax viewer is very very basic and I still don't see why its not available. And VoG™ has given you the info to restore it if its missing.

Good luck anyway.

Stuartli 11:19 16 Sep 2007

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer should be available by right clicking on any photo file>Open With>Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Frankly if you are not prepared to follow a minimum number of simple instructions, it's pointless asking the question in the first place.

As you apparently don't seem able to grasp the simple approach, it's also difficult to comprehend how you can expect other forum members to take any notice of your alleged comments on Picasa2.

I know at least one 85-year-old who uses Picasa2 regularly on her system and she has no problems..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017