printer/copier

podlod 11:36 07 Oct 2008

Hi, I have a Epson cx6600 printer/copier and I tried to download the latest drivers, but when the info arrived on screen it had many items you could download and it is confusing as I am not sure which driver to download? any help please.

Technotiger 12:35 07 Oct 2008

What OS are you using?

chub_tor 12:53 07 Oct 2008

From the Epson website click here it looks as if there are drivers for several functions. The bottom one for XP is the printer driver version 5.5bs. The others are needed for scanning (version 2.7u)and the other two are special printing functions.

If you have Vista click here there is one driver for scanning and one for Easy Printing.

Everything else listed is software that you may or may not want to use. It is not essential stuff but sometimes makes printing and scanning easier.

podlod 13:50 07 Oct 2008

Hi, I am getting a print out now from my printer but one or two lines are not printing properly, they are nearly blank, but the rest of the lines are perfect?

Technotiger 13:53 07 Oct 2008

Run your printers Maintenance program which is always part of the Installed software. Run the Nozzle cleaning and/or head cleaning items - simply follow the on-screen prompts.

podlod 08:06 08 Oct 2008

Hi Techno, yes I have completed all those tasks and it is ok, no prob? just the lines every so often intermingle with each other.

Technotiger 08:20 08 Oct 2008

Hmm, sounds as if your paper is not being fed through properly. Try printing to just a single sheet of paper in the loader, to see what happens.
If your paper is not stored in a completely dry/damp free area, the slightest dampness can affect the paper feed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?