Printer wont print :(

cyber sal 16:38 09 Mar 2010

Hi i brought a new printer a Lexmark z738 to use on my laptop which is on vista 32 bit but it wont install from disc as it says there is a error on the disc so i down loaded it from Lexmarks site, i then asked it to print a test page but nothing happens it just said in the status bar error, please has anyone got any ideas what im supposed to do ?

Woolwell 16:57 09 Mar 2010

Please don't post duplicate threads click here

Which driver did you download? It would seem that for the Z730 series you need the Vista driver. click here

It is probably best to uninstall following the instructions on that link and re-install the new driver.

cyber sal 11:47 10 Mar 2010

I uninstalled the old one like you said then went to install the new one and it said i have to uninstall the old one first so i did that again then asked it to install but it just keeps saying uninstall the old driver first which Ive done 3 times now.

Technotiger 11:54 10 Mar 2010

Probably junk left-over in the Registry - install and then un-install again using click here

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Technotiger 11:56 10 Mar 2010

Meant to add - and then re-install, hopefully for the final time!

cyber sal 11:57 10 Mar 2010

Ok thank you i will try that, Ive got to pop out now so will try it when i get back and let you know what happens.

ronalddonald 12:31 10 Mar 2010

the cd software scratched, have contacted the retailer for a replacement, where did you buy it from, u still got the receipt to take it back and just tell them it doesn't work

cyber sal 15:23 10 Mar 2010

How do you unistall the driver using that? I can't find it on there

Technotiger 15:31 10 Mar 2010

Try using the Search option in Revo - type in the name of the driver, then highlight it and click on the uninstall Icon Normally Revo picks up items to be uninstalled in much the same way as Control Panel>Add&Remove programs.

Technotiger 15:32 10 Mar 2010

If no luck with Revo - do as suggested by ronalddonald, i.e. contact the vendor and ask for a replacement CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017