Printer won`t power up

colinstevens1@supanet.com 10:05 17 Feb 2008

My OS is WinXP Home.I have an Epson Stylus CX6600 Inkjet printer.One day it was working perfectly but the next day it wouldn`t power up and so can`t be used.I have checked all connections several times and hve also re-installed the software.As I understand it I assume where the power lead connects to the machine there must be an electrical unit which has to be activated to enable the various other operations to work.If so.would it be possible to purchase this unit from say PC World(from where the printer was purchased) and then fit the unit myself.The machine is out of warranty.

johnnyrocker 10:09 17 Feb 2008

depending on the age of the machine it may be cheaper to replace.

johnny.

johndrew 10:20 17 Feb 2008

I`m assuming there are no power indications (lights) showing at all.

Have you checked the mains lead fuse? If it`s blown there could be a fault with the printer but it may also be age related. Get a new fuse of the SAME VALUE and try again, if that blows it`s the printer and you are back to what johnnyrocker says. You could of course contact Epson for a repair but that is not a cheap option either.

You could look here click here and click here to see it there is anything that may help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?