Printer that turns on automatically needed

I am short of space and so my printer [ epsonr300 ] is situated in an awkward place.Any one know of a printer that turns itself on when asked to print?

Jackcoms 17:16 13 Jul 2007

Have a look at the Canon range.

I use a Canon i850 (now discontinued) and it has auto turn on and auto turn off.

Thanks Jackcoms. I shall investigate.

Any other suggestions welcome

FreeCell 17:29 13 Jul 2007

Alternative approach would be to use a remote socket adaptor to switch a printer on and off.

e.g click here

Technotiger 17:34 13 Jul 2007

I agree with FreeCell - I have a set of these, one socket is for my ext hard drive, another is for my scanner, and the third is for my TV - all of which would otherwise be very awkward to reach.

Technotiger 17:37 13 Jul 2007

PS - they can also be purchased at B&Q, same price.

pj123 17:52 13 Jul 2007

Both my Epson R220 printers are left switched on all the time. So I can print whenever I want.

I was given that advice by an Epson engineer. He said it stops the printer from initialising and wasting ink every time it is switched on.

Not had any problems, but have to say that both these printers have been modified to eject any waste ink into an outside receptacle, and both have a CIS system fitted.

Ashrich 18:10 13 Jul 2007

I thought that all printers connected by USB could operate that way , certainly my old HP940c could do that , when it was switched off I would just order a page to be printed and it would turn itself on and do the job . My new Canon IP4300 also has this facility , and turns itself off afterwards as well .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?