printer toolbox software missing

darthballs 19:26 20 Mar 2009

have spoken to 3 advisors at hp, online and none of them have worked this one out. i've got a hp deskjet f2180 printer, it prints fine but i wanto calibrate and clean the cartridges. but the toolbox software is missing. the printer software has been uninstalled, and reinstalled from the disc and from the file downloaded from the hp website, but nothing so far, i can't access printer services, it just says unable to perform operation, which they at hp can't understand as the file downloaded from site should be ok. hp solution center isnt opening so something isn'ytinstalling even though it says installtion complete. its not even possible to download the toolbox software o nits own!!

RFB 20:08 21 Mar 2009

Worth a try... click here

highside 16:49 23 Mar 2009

Had this exact problem last week with an HP which I wanted to instal on a different PC.
I asked HP support and they sent to methods back, basically go to their downloads and follow instruction for your printer but make sure you download the full thing, in my case there were two downloads shown - I had only done the short version, Printer worked OK but there was no toolbox. ie I had not installed the full driver.
HP offerred two ways, one using original disc and upgrading driver, I used their secong suggestion without the CD.
If you still have the problem I could give more detail but sure that is all thats wrong.
ps RFB may have already sent you there?

darthballs 17:39 23 Mar 2009

its all sorted now, after googling and realising that 3 different hp advisors haven't really got much know how on it!

its some sort of problem with the flash player, i updated adobe flash player through internet explorer (not firefox or opera, it doesn't work then) then restarted the pc and it works fine now, strange but true!!

Sea Urchin 17:49 23 Mar 2009

There are two Flash Players - one for IE and the other for non-IE

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?