Printer suddenly taking ages to print?Please help.

buel 21:18 17 Aug 2008

Hi there, for some strange reason when i try to print something from my pc to my printer it takes up to 40 seconds for the pc to show the printing window and the printer to actually print whereas about 2 weeks ago it started about 5 seconds after pressing 'print'! Any ideas please? Ps- my pc is running fine apart from this problem and the scans show no bugs/viruses.

MAT ALAN 21:23 17 Aug 2008

Try a system restore to when you know it was running fine or try up dating drivers...

chub_tor 21:27 17 Aug 2008

A bit more information would help. Is the printer directly connected to the PC? Is it connected by a USB or a parallel lead? Or is it wirelesslly connected? PC operating system XP or Vista? Printer model?

buel 22:09 17 Aug 2008

Hi there, my pc is running xp, my printer is an Epson R265 and it is connected via a usb cable!
Is this unusual behaviour at all?

Stuartli 09:55 18 Aug 2008

I have an Epson R300 - even though it is permanently switched on, it takes quite a while to ready itself to print text.

Probably the result of a photo printer being required to undertake such a menial task...:-)

chub_tor 19:05 18 Aug 2008

Just found this Microsoft website regarding printing problems with XP click here

buel 19:15 20 Aug 2008

Hi again, no my pc has been doing this for the last few weeks continually so it would be impossible for a programme to be running all the time! Today i reinstalled the drivers for the printer from the cd but it still didn't fix the problem and i even updated the drivers but ,again, no better! Please has anyone any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?