printer sharing

FOEYDO 20:07 23 Oct 2006

Hi, I have a hp psc 2175 on my main pc. I have a laptop and other tower all networked. The printer is installed on the main tower, last week I had to uninstall and reinstall the software, now I cannot print from my laptop or other tower through the main tower. I have plugged it into the same usb port. Do I need to enable it to share if so how do I do this, I did not setup the network in the first place so step by step instructions would be appreciated. Thanks

Chris147 21:25 23 Oct 2006

Hi.

To share the printer on the network, open the printers folder and right-click on the printer you want to share. Select Sharing and Security and choose to share it.

You MAY need to delete the previous installation of the printer on your laptop and reinstall it to regain the connection. If you do, delete the printer from the printers folder on the laptop and when prompted to "Delete old files associated with this printer" click on NO.
Reinstall the printer on the laptop (Add Network rinter) and it will be okay again.

HTH

Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?