Printer Server Problem

SonnyB 23:07 04 Mar 2009

I have bought a Belkin FUP0001 printer server and I am trying to connect to my network of one main pc, second pc and a laptop.
It works fine from the main pc but I cannot get the other two pc's to print to it. I can see the servers set-up webpage from the other pc's and that sems fine, but it simply will not print via the server from the other networked pc's.
I should add that prior to this I could print fine over the network as long as the main pc connected to the printer was switched on, so I know my network is good.
Any help appreciated.

howard64 12:40 06 Mar 2009

you may have to map the drive - did you set each other pc up to use a network printer?

SonnyB 16:09 06 Mar 2009

Thanks, but do you mean map the drive of the main pc to the others? No mention of this was made in the instructions. I followed the guide precisely. I connected the printer to each pc in turn and installed the drivers as instructed, then connected the server to the main pc. Printing to this worked fine, but I cannot print to the others.

howard64 18:05 06 Mar 2009

normally on each pc you go to start - settings - printers and fax then add printer - network printer. You browse through to find it then it should work ok. With it switched on of course.

SonnyB 18:14 06 Mar 2009

Correct, but when installing a printer server each pc needs to see it as its own default printer. When setting it up, the instructions say connect the printer to each pc one by one and allow it to be installed as the default printer on each pc which I did. Then the server is connected back to the main pc's router wirelessly. I can print from the main pc but the other pc's in the network will not print even though the set up says 'print server found'. I am even able to select the printer from the other pc's but they will not print for some reason.
I am baffled.

howard64 18:42 06 Mar 2009

I remember setting one up for my friends company and did as you did with no real success. I then set the printer onto the server and installed it from each of the other pcs.

SonnyB 19:37 06 Mar 2009

Not sure what you mean, you installed the server onto each pc?

woodchip 19:39 06 Mar 2009

You need to Re-Run the Network Setup Wizard with all Computers and the Printer and Server all switched on before running Wizard, then use the disc you create on the Computer you Used Wizard to run on all other computers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?