Printer sending out 2 sheets

Dobba 19:03 25 Jan 2010

I use Vista Home Premium and an HP Photosmart C 6180 all-in-One printer. Everything has been o.k. until about a week ago, when the printer started to send out one blank sheet, before printing the next one as normal. As I have about 400 pages to print out, this is driving me potty, to say nothing of the time wasted.
Has anyone any idea how to stop this?
Thanks

james105051 19:11 25 Jan 2010
  Dobba 12:10 27 Jan 2010

Thanks for that, James, but I'm afraid it did not help. The web site you sent me to dealt with blank pages coming out in the middle and at the end, but my trouble is a blank page coming out at the beginning. Oddly enough, when I print a 2 page document, I get only the one blank sheet at the beginning and then the other two print as normal. Something is telling my printer to produce a blank sheet at every "printing". I have tried checking the Page Layout, and the "Show/Hide" button but these are all o.k. and don't help.
Thanks for trying.
Dobba

Sea Urchin 12:17 27 Jan 2010

I assume you are using Word? Have you checked Print Preview on your 2 page document - does it show the extra blank page?

Dobba 12:55 27 Jan 2010

Thanks for that Sea Urchin. I have solved the problem. I had one print setting to use A4 paper and the other to use "Letter" paper. Once I had set them both to A4, hey presto! problem solved. Thanks to all for your efforts.
Dobba

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017