Printer Red Light

jim63 14:07 08 Jan 2008

I have the Epson C66 printer. Installed new compatiable Black but red light stays on and printer will not print or even respond to head cleaning. Never had this problem before when installing new carts. Unplugged power lead for awhile but still will not work.

Crash 14:38 08 Jan 2008

Is the cartridge installed properly?

Gongoozler 14:45 08 Jan 2008

It is possible that your new ink cartridge is faulty, so try another one, I find Choice Stationery to be the best click here.
If that doesn't help, you could also try a genuine Epson cartridge or you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but I think it quite possible that you will eventually have to accept that the printer has died.

jim63 16:36 08 Jan 2008

Yes I got these from choice stationery. The black cart I got is different from the usual ones. This fits into a case first. I have never had one like this before. I will try uninstall and then reinstall. The printer is not very old.

paddy75 16:44 08 Jan 2008

jim63,what do you mean it fits into a case,some cartridges come in a hard plastic fitting that you have to remove first.Paddy

SEAWISE DAVE 16:44 08 Jan 2008

I must say I gave up buying "compatible", refilled and other alternative cartridges. I never found them fully satisfactory.

wotbus@ 17:04 08 Jan 2008

click here
With this you can do most anything with an Epson printer - especially get them to recognise non-standard cartridges ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?