Printer produces extra pages

wee eddie 19:36 25 Mar 2008

I have re-installed the drivers, Canon i850, and the problem still exists.

Whenever I try to print anything, including a Test Pattern, there is a Blank page before the printed page and another blank after it.

Any ideas welcome

wee eddie 13:12 26 Mar 2008

bump

I can remember a thread about this in the past but I have searched and searched to no avail.

Diemmess 13:38 26 Mar 2008

Just for the record, Control panel > Printers etc.
Are there two Canon i850's present?

I ask because for no apparent reason my printer started exchanging every space for a lower case f

Eventually cured by unistalling whatever is there, unplugging the printer (USB).

Install the latest driver from the Canon site.
Finally plug the printer USB plug and wait for windows to recognise and install the "new" printer.

Finally, return to the Printers and FAXes and be sure to change the selected default printer to the most recent Canon.

It seems that my PC must have corrupted the native XP driver which insists or resurrecting itself, but can be ignored in favour of the one that behaves.

pchelper001 13:47 26 Mar 2008

i think there may be something in the printer preferences about a seperator page? it might help... if it is selected, deselect it.

wee eddie 14:19 25 Apr 2008

and again.

Simsy 14:23 25 Apr 2008

and recently had some strange occurrences that were similar, though not identical, to those described... for exampl a Windows printer test page was spread over 3 pages, instead of being on just 1 page

It was remedied by uninstalling the USB drivers, rebooting and letting Windows find and reinstall the drivers afresh.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

jack 14:38 25 Apr 2008

Sent to it.
So check the program you are using to make sure that no extra pages are included.
For example
You may have a Word docent that fills page as far as text is concerned but because of spacing consideration it anticpates another page- even if there is nothing on it.

jakimo 16:18 25 Apr 2008

only load one sheet of A4 in your printer,and print off test page,then go into control panel\printer properties and see what message has been left

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?