Printer problems Help Needed!!

ajaydagreat 22:35 30 Sep 2008

Hi I have recently started to use my 10 year old printer after storing it away 6 years ago! However after buying 2 new cartridges, 1 colour and 1 black, the printer only prints in colour.
The printer is an EPSON STYLUS COLOR 680.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I can do to get this sorted?

Thank You

ajaydagreat 22:38 30 Sep 2008

To add to the post i have bought epson compatible cartridges and I am also on my 2nd black catridge so its definitely not the cartridge thats the problem.

john bunyan 22:43 30 Sep 2008

I had a quite new Epson Multi function "freeze up" (about 18 months old so out of warranty) I tried all the deep cleaning etc, spoke to Epson, found an Epson dealer who would have charged more than the cost of a new printer. Now have a Canon Multi that has a separate print head that could be cleaned or replaced. My local Cartrige World say that Epson are prone to this. Others may suggest cleaning methods but it sounds like the machine is due for a pension!

bluto1 22:54 30 Sep 2008

I think John Bunyan's informants are slightly wrong. Older Epson printers may well be prone to this problem. Any old printer will "dry" out and need cleaning so I'd suggest that ajaydagreat should visit the Epson website and find the appropriate forum . Can't give a link, but Google epson and Bob's yer uncle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?