Printer Problems

firenza 23:22 06 Feb 2003

I have a Lexmark 1000 colorjet printer. On .jpeg, .bmp, .html, and e-mail files it will only print 1 or 2% of job then lock up with an 'offline' alert. .txt, .doc, and .rtf files will print ok. I have tried another printer which does the same, changed cable, disconnected and de-installed scanner, de-installed and re-installed printer driver all to no avail. Virus maybe? please help as this fault is getting to me. I am using windows 95.

woodchip 23:27 06 Feb 2003

That may be your Prob Win95, not Compatible with modern Drivers, Get this then you can run USB with a PCI card click here

LastChip 23:28 06 Feb 2003

Go to Control Panel; Printers. Right click the icon and select Properties; Details. Select Spool Settings; RAW.

See if that helps.

firenza 23:04 09 Feb 2003

Thanks Lastchip bit the RAW setting does not make any difference. Also to woodchip I should have said that the printer has worked happily for 3 years with win 95 and the problem first started whilst printing an e-mail hence my question could this be a virus.

woodchip 19:17 10 Feb 2003

Look's like a format reinstall job

firenza 22:24 06 Mar 2003

Problem Solved! Printer head ribbon faulty. This didn't come to light when I changed printer as spare printer had same fault on it & I wasn't told when printer was given to me. So new printer solved problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone