Printer Problems?

Bingalau 10:59 13 Jan 2007

Just thought I would pass on a little tip which has just come in very handy for me. I was having trouble with my printer and had tried all the usual "Troubleshooting" list. Then from the back of my mind I suddenly remembered something that must have been on this forum. So I just pulled out the power plug at the back of the printer, waited for about a minute and then shoved it back in. Hey "Presto" problem has vanished. Now I am not saying this is going to work in all circumstances. But it might be worth while remembering as a last ditch cure. ..Bingalau..

Diemmess 12:27 13 Jan 2007

Yes that may help as a last resort.
May I add a cautionary word?

My experience over past years with various Epson inkjets, has been less happy when I have pulled the plug!
Usually to save material, realising I was printing the wrong page.

Result:
A venomous bite-back, - printing endless hexadecimal code as soon as the power was restored.
I do admit to not closing the file first and clearing the buffer!
:(

Bingalau 13:01 13 Jan 2007

Diemmess. Mine is an Epson Stylus C60 and this is the first problem I've had with it. For some unknown reason it was churning out only one half of a photograph, or half a page of print. I was beginning to get to thinking "Heck, must buy a new printer" but decided to sleep on it. Then I remembered the bit about pulling the plug. What I can't remember is what caused it to happen in the first place. Anyway it worked for me and for anyone else who is getting desperate it may be worth while remembering too. I hope. I also hope no one sues me for false info. leading to the loss of their printer altogether? ..Bingalau..

vinnyT 13:49 13 Jan 2007

An engineer once told me that if something dosn't work, use a hammer. If that dosn't work, use a bigger hammer.

Never actually managed to fix a computer with this method, but it really gets rid of stress;)

Bingalau 13:55 13 Jan 2007

vinnyT.
Isn't the correct name for the hammer an "Irish Screwdriver". (Screwdrivers in the Royal Navy were called "Turnscrews"). Another bit of useless information for you. ..Bingalau..

carper 14:34 13 Jan 2007

Any problems with my C42+ have usually been resolved by uninstalling it and reinstall. You could also try latest driver. Regards Carper

Giant68 14:38 13 Jan 2007

Hammer=percussion engineering. lol

Giant68

vinnyT 15:40 13 Jan 2007

"Another bit of useless information for you" All for me?? OOH Ta!

There's no such thing as useless information, unless spouted by an officer, in which case, dis-regard poste haste.

/G/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?