Printer problems

Jake4464 17:22 11 Jan 2006

I have a c66 epson printer and have installed it onto my pc but the ink is not being recognised in the status monitor, so will not print anything, have tried everything I can think of, can anyone help???

jack 17:28 11 Jan 2006

Questions
What operating System ?
Do you have the software/driver disk for the printer?
Has the printer been standing unused for any time?

Jake4464 17:38 11 Jan 2006

Thanks for your quick response,
Op system is windows xp home
It is a brand new printer so yes I have the software

woodchip 17:39 11 Jan 2006

First try printing a test page, from Start\Settings\Printers right click your printer then properties. Print test page button

spuds 18:02 11 Jan 2006

What cartridges are you using, the Epson DURABrite or compatibles.Is the ink monitor stating that it cannot recognize one(black) or all the individual cartridges.

Have you tried removing and reseting the cartridges. What happens when you boot-up and restart the computer.

jack 19:34 11 Jan 2006

Thank you for the info and adding to spuds questions.

1. have you properly installed the software according to the Epson intructions - including disabling any anti virus software whilst this is going on ?
Epson are very fussy about this.

Have you removed the tabs from the carts before installing.?

Go to Printers/Faxes. right click on the printer icon
attempt to print a test page
Do all this and come back

woodchip 19:43 11 Jan 2006

It does sound like the Monitor software is not working right. Try removing Epson from Control Panel Add Remove, Also disconnect printer from Computer.reboot the computer then install the Epson Software and drivers, then plug the printer in

Sharpamatt 20:32 11 Jan 2006

Have you upgraded to SP2 if so apart from the above you may need to obtain updated drivers from Epson

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?