Printer problems

Legolas 20:54 21 Jun 2004

I have a xerox M750 Docuprint printer and the magenta (red) has stopped printing I got a new cartridge but it is still not printing, all the other colours are fine.

Do I need a new printhead for the colour cartridges?

Dorsai 21:16 21 Jun 2004

judging buy the current trend where new ink for a printer costs almost as much as the printer, i suggest that you just buy a new printer and be done with it.

the printer makers only get away with selling a £80 printer which costs £70 to fill with ink as long as we keep buying the ink, not new printers.

THE TERMINATOR 23:20 21 Jun 2004

Have you tried doing a bit of maintenance on the cartridge like cleaning the print heads. Go to control panel, d\click on printers and faxes, right click on your make of printer and choose properties and click on the maintenance tab....TT

woodchip 23:59 21 Jun 2004

How many carts have been in the Head, that's in now.

jack 08:24 22 Jun 2004

If you feel like a fiddle before you chuck the printer try accessing the head nozzle with the ink tank out- what bits and pieces have you around?
a syringe would be great or a drinking straw as a pinch and give it a goo sucking and blowing
then put the tank back and see what happens after a head clean.

Legolas 13:00 22 Jun 2004

Thanks for the replies. I have flushed the printhead through with ink cleaning fluid and performed all the maintenance that the software allows still no red being printed although ther other colours or working great.

Looks like a new printhead is needed although at the price (£35) I might just get a new printer.

Legolas 13:03 22 Jun 2004

Sorry woodchip forgot to answer your query. Their has only been three cartridges replaced since new.

Jackcoms 13:07 22 Jun 2004

Is the new cartridge still within its 'use by' date?

If not, its contents may be solid rather than liquid.

Legolas 13:33 22 Jun 2004

The cartridge is ok you can see the ink moving and it is coming out the head of the cartridge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?