Printer problem - Epson Stylus PHOTO 830u

hk1 11:05 26 Sep 2008

Whenever I print with my Epson there is a very inky roller mark down the centre of every copy turned out. This makes printing photos, or documents impossible.
I have tried wiping the roller but this seems to do little good.
I must admit I have used compatible non-Epson ink cartridges - could this be my problem?
Should I just buy a new printer?
If so what would be my best bet? I have a budget upto £150, but would like to spend as little as possible!
I would like to print photos and text docs, and would also like to do copies if possible. At present I have a sep. scanner.
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thank you

johndrew 16:20 26 Sep 2008

It does sound like over-inking onto the roller. Usually compatibles are quite good if you buy a known brand.

You could try another cartridge after cleaning up the roller. Or perhaps you could find a solution here click here

ripvan 01:22 07 Oct 2008

Hi hk1 I have just replaced my 830 as it would just not lean the heads properly.I was going through cartridges just trying.I have changes to a canon ip4500.It is brilliant,there are lots of 5 star reviews on it.They are about £60 if you shop round.It is fast (I didn't realise how slow and clunky the 830 was),quiet,you can print both sides of the paper if you want.it does printable cds etc.The inks aren't the cheapest but you can now buy chipped replacemants aswell.My main black text ink has lasted 3 months the photo black and colour ones still have planty in.You won't be dissapointed I'm sure.

jack 08:08 07 Oct 2008

are the symptoms of the waste ink tank becoming full and overflowing.
A simple if mucky job for a DIY project -
much covered here[use the search box] and on click here.
Service centres can do the job if so inclined - but as hour charge rates for the job are nearly the price of a replacement they nearly always recommend to replace the printer.
The best way having removed the pads is to divert the waster ink into and external collector that you can empty when required[do not be tempted to reuse the ink - it will block the jets because of thickening.]
As for cartridges - a continuous ink supply is an answer also covered here .

The external ink tank

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?