printer problem

guzzunda 12:19 31 Jan 2011

i`ve just put a new black cartridge in my hp psc 1510 printer every time i turn it on it keeps printing a test page . how can i stop this before the ink runs out again ?.

LimestoneRock 12:24 31 Jan 2011

After it prints a test page put this sheet in the scanner, press start for colour scan & let it proceed.

guzzunda 12:40 31 Jan 2011

i have scanned it . it should be done now but it wants to do it every single time i turn it on .

LimestoneRock 12:56 31 Jan 2011

I can only suggest uninstalling & reinstalling the cartridge(s) & try again with the scanning.

Sea Urchin 17:20 31 Jan 2011

Someone with the same problem

Just stumbled upon the cause of the problem. I went to print something in colour and it only printed black and white, printer didn't seem to realize the colour cartridge was empty or malfunctioning, I didn't know that installing a black cartridge required a test page printed in colour (who would?), and of course the software wasn't able to recognize this fault and simply rejected the test page altogether. Now that I have installed a new colour cartridge and scanned that (all of a sudden it scanned it happily), it seems to work now. HP needs to work on the software for these things, probably losing a lot of frustrated customers because of simple little software deficiencies.

murdockg 19:44 16 Feb 2011

sometimes when you insert re-manufactured ink cartridges into your printer this problem arises. i installed <a href="click here">printer ink cartridges</a> but cleaned the brush heads and the problem was sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?