Printer problem

phil.smith 11:23 16 Apr 2007

My Epson cx5200 printer prints a document but then the icon in the task tray stays saying that I have a document pending. I am unable to delete the print, and when I restart the computer the printer prints the same document again before clearing.

I have the printer linked wirelessly to my laptop as well as by USB t my main computer. If I reinstall the drivers for the printer will it affect the wirelss set up to my laptop?

mocha 16:44 16 Apr 2007

Which computer is giving you this problem, your laptop, the main computer or both.

phil.smith 16:59 16 Apr 2007

Hi Mocha

It appears to be when I print from the main computer.

mocha 17:46 16 Apr 2007

In both the print options of microsoft word and then Epsons printer utility there is a box which asks for amount of prints required, make sure this box has 1 ticked in both utilities. I have used 'Microsoft Word' as an example, most programs have the same tick box.
Also in 'Control Panel' 'Printer and Faxes' make sure that if you are deleting a document that it is pointing to the correct printer setup , which if you have installed printer drivers on both machines will state for eg. 'Epson cx5200 on desktop computer' or whatever you have named your main Network computer.

phil.smith 17:58 16 Apr 2007

Thanks Mocha - will check all that.

Stuartli 18:05 16 Apr 2007

Disconnect the printer temporarily from the mains supply - this normally clears the "pending" document.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone