printer problem

bunger 15:44 18 Mar 2007

While deleting anumber of programs, i stupidly deleted the software for my Epson printer. The result being i cannot print anything.I dont want to reinstall it using the disk as the last time i did this i had all sorts of problems. Is there a way i can bring my printer back to life without using the disk?

johndrew 16:01 18 Mar 2007

Try `System Restore`, but if you re-install your printer from disk it should work OK.

Diversion 16:25 18 Mar 2007

With most Epson printers you have install the software with the printer turned off, and during installation it should show an indication to turn the printer on.

pj123 16:39 18 Mar 2007

It might help to let us know what Epson printer you have and what operating system you are using.

As Diversion says, most Epson printer software needs to be installed before the printer is switched on.

The printer software will tell you when to switch the printer on.

What sort of problems did you have with installing the printer drivers before?

m800afc 21:32 18 Mar 2007

It may be easier for you to download the driver from the epson website click here

bunger 18:29 22 Mar 2007

My printer is an epsoncx3650 and iam using windows xp. I turned the printer off and reloaded the epson disk. When i had finished i switched the printer back on and a document i must have tried to print previosly came out. I then tried to print something else and amessage came up, PRINTER NOT READY TO PRINT, along with a yellow exclamation mark.

Diversion 18:40 22 Mar 2007

Did you first uninstall everything to do with the printer then restart your computer before re-installing the printer from scratch?

chub_tor 19:04 22 Mar 2007

Here is the Epson page for your All in One Printer Scanner click here

You need to remove the existing printer driver Start Control Panel Printers Delete. Then pull out the USB lead from the back of the printer and re-boot. When the PC has booted up plug in the printer and follow the New Hardware found Wizard. You can install the new driver from the Epson website once you are up and running again.

Diversion 21:10 22 Mar 2007

I've got the CX6600 and you install it as I said above, with the printer turned off but with all the leads connected and ready. But first uninstall everything to do with Epson even Pif Designer if that's part of your installation, then restart the computer with the printer turned off. Then put your Epson CX3650 CD into the CD ROM and only turn the printer on when the system starts looking for it, there will be a box that appears on the top left of the screen looking for your printer then turn your printer on and leave it on until the installation has finished. And if have a popup stopper installed like in Ad-Aware SE disable that and be disconnected from the internet, because the Firewall on some computers interfere with the installation so it's best to disable your firewall antivirus and any popup stopper that are active.

a.nonymous 22:39 22 Mar 2007

u can get help and the drivers from the epson site

bunger 12:28 25 Mar 2007

I did as you instructed and deleated all the epson programs, everything was fine until i tried to delete epson printer software. It came up EPSON PRINTER SOFTWARE CANNOT BE DELETED. I then went into control panel and then printer and faxes and it showed the following : EPSON STYLUS CX 39 PAUSED.
EPSON STYLUS CX 4 DELETING. I havn,t tried anything else yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone