Printer Problem

kyyria 10:06 25 Aug 2006

I have a HP Business Inkjet 1200 printer.

It was fine until the beginnning of this week when it decided to jam when printing. Since then, everytime I try and print it prints out a "printhead alignment page" either before or after the document I am printing.

I have tried the usual of removing/replacing printheads & cartridges, as well as unplugging printer, rebooting computer etc, but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

silverous 10:30 25 Aug 2006

Looks like someone else has had the problem but HP's site won't open the page with a response, see the second article in the below results:

click here

I would suggest you remove and re-insert the ink cartridges and make sure they are fully seated. If the software allows you (dig around in the printer settings/HP software on your PC) to manually start an alignment then do so and let it complete.

Hopefully that'll sort it.

Stuartli 10:49 25 Aug 2006

There used to be an excellent website called fixmyprinter.com, but it would appear that action hs been taken by other companies to protect the name. See:

click here

There's also a UK version:

click here

Unless someone else has other information about the fixmyprinter website to which I originally referred?

johndrew 14:11 25 Aug 2006

Yes, try this link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?