Printer problem.

bellababy 14:30 11 Jul 2006

I have a HP Deskjet printer which used to print in Black and white (when selected) now it prints in blue and white when I select Black and White..
Can any one help please.

Jackcoms 14:39 11 Jul 2006

Without wishing to sound facetious - but has the black cartridge still got ink in it? ;-)

bellababy 14:43 11 Jul 2006

Simple question simple answer, yes.

Jackcoms 14:46 11 Jul 2006

And the black print head is clean, not clogged?

As you can see, I'm clutching at straws, having had a similar problem myself recently.

bellababy 14:47 11 Jul 2006

I have attempted to print a Black and White photo a number of times each time it comes out Blue and White, but if I print any plain document it comes out Black and White.

Woolwell 19:46 11 Jul 2006

Which model HP printer?
Someone may be able to help knowing this.

bellababy 23:16 11 Jul 2006

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away from the PC for a few hours.
It is a HP Deskjet 710C.

bellababy 23:18 11 Jul 2006

PS. also I have XP pro version!

Woolwell 00:02 12 Jul 2006

Have you run a self test and check that the test print out is ok?

Have you checked your drivers and do you have the latest version of the HP Photosmart software?
click here

When you are printing the black and white photo what settings are you using?. Under color are you using greyscale? Try this setting and see what happens.

bellababy 05:55 12 Jul 2006

Thanks Woolwell.
I have downloaded HP photo smart (not sure I wanted another photo editing programme starting to get overloaded with programmes) I didn't use greyscale, but will give it a go now. Thanks.

bellababy 07:04 12 Jul 2006

Woolwell that HP Photo Smart was to smart for me, my PC froze up completely, had to uninstall, not easy when everything is snarling up on you.
As to print settings, I don't have the option as far as I can see to print in grey scale, either Black or Colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone