Printer problem

Dionysiac 21:26 01 Nov 2003

Hi, I am having major problems trying to get ANY printer to work on my pc. I run Windows XP and just as of recently my canon s100 printer was working fine, but then it just stopped working. I tried reinstalling the drivers but still the same problem, it just did'nt seem to be communicating with the pc. I suspected the hardware might be at fault but after trying another lexmark all in one printer the same problem happened. I have tried everything I can think of and find this really frustrating. Both printers are connected via USB if that helps.

Thanks
Nabil

Roland Butter 21:30 01 Nov 2003

Have you tried running through the trouble shooting guide?

Khalid 21:51 01 Nov 2003

Try and connect another usb device(mouse,camera etc) in the same port. A nil respose will indicate that the USB port is faulty. Get a PCI to USB card around (?10) install it then connect your printer to this card.

Good luck.

Khalid Saumtally

Stuartli 09:33 02 Nov 2003

Have you checked in Device Manager that the USB controller is working correctly?

Are you using a USB hub? If so, it's best to use a powered hub, whilst items such as scanners, printers etc are best run from a dedicated USB port on your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?