Printer Probem

heavymetalkid 00:44 10 Aug 2006

I'm in a right mess with my Epson C62. I was head cleaning with SSC Service utility, when I accidentally clicked Initial Charge. After a few minutes of various loud noises,nothing seemed to be happening or stopping,so I turned it off. On restarting, I discovered the green mains light and the red ink charging and error light were flashing in sequence....red/green/red etc. I can do nothing to stop this and needless to say the printer won't work. I tried to uninstall and re-install but no joy. It doesn't seem to fully install and, actually it may not be properly uninstalling either. The lights go on flashing and this paralyses the printer...nothing functions. Can anyone help?

johndrew 09:54 10 Aug 2006

You could look click here and you may find a manual click here

heavymetalkid 23:49 10 Aug 2006

Thanks johndrew, couldn't find a C62. Just had an on-screen telling me that parts of the printer are at the end of their service life and to contact my dealer. It's less than two years old and it's had by no means a lot of use. Anyone recommend a decent cheap printer with reasonable ink costs?

Jak_1 00:27 11 Aug 2006

Take a look at Canon printers. Mine is 5 years old, seperate ink tanks and decent printouts. Using generic refils it runs fairly cheaply.

johndrew 14:28 11 Aug 2006

Must admit I`m still using my Epson Stylus 740 which is some (many?) years old and still doing its job.

I refill my own with JR Inkjet refil kits which I find very good - and not very expensive.

Stuartli 14:49 11 Aug 2006

My mate's business printer is still going strong after many years - it's an HP 890C.

wee eddie 17:00 11 Aug 2006

Visit this site:

click here

That Notice usually means that the Waste Tank is full. You can deal with it yourself if you are brave.

ArrGee 17:02 11 Aug 2006
  heavymetalkid 20:54 11 Aug 2006

Thanks so much to all you rascals. Wee Eddie, I'm about to throw it out so, nowt to lose. Have you any idea how to sort out the Waste Tank?

wee eddie 20:59 11 Aug 2006

Did you visit that site I posted?

heavymetalkid 21:47 11 Aug 2006

I certainly did, but I couldn't see anything about Waste Tanks.....did I miss it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?