Printer and Picture It!

MickLey 12:19 03 Sep 2003

My printer, Epson Stylus Color 460, will not print while using Microsoft Picture It! Photo and Print Studio 2002. The problem occurred after removing and re-installing my Mustek 600 scanner software. The printer works fine with other programs including Word, Paint and the net. I have tried re-installing the printer and the Picture It software but it has not made any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pj123 13:52 03 Sep 2003

If your scanner is parallel with the printer plugged in to the back of the scanner, I have found that the scanner needs to be switched on while printing. Give it a try.

MickLey 18:57 04 Sep 2003

Thanks pj123, the scanner is attached to USB whilst the printer is parallel. The problem is with printing from the Picture It!

pj123 10:43 13 Sep 2003

I have just installed Picture It on my computer. I will give it a go and see what I get. Although my scanner and printer are both USB on a USB hub.

Let you know what I get.

pj123 22:04 13 Sep 2003

Just tried a print using Picture It 7. Prints OK.

Mind you, I am using an Epson Stylus Photo 895 printer on USB. The nearest I can get to your printer is an Epson 640 so I will give that a try as well. Again, I will let you know the result.

pj123 15:06 14 Sep 2003

I have just borrowed my next door neighbours 640 and tried it. Prints fine. Have also tried an Epson C70 and a C42 both printing fine. Perhaps it is trying to tell you something? Maybe it's time to upgrade your printer? A C44 sells for about £46 from here click here Sorry I can't be more helpful.

MickLey 11:48 18 Sep 2003

Many thanks pj123. I am taking your advice and buying a new printer, this one is way passed it´s sell by date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?