Printer "Paper Jammed"

tonyq 18:45 13 Oct 2007

Hi all,
my son has a Canon pixma ip3300 printer. When he tries to print out something a message comes up "Remove Jammed Paper" then press button to rectify(or words to the effect).When the button is pressed nothing happens,looking inside where the paper enters top or front loader, there does not appear to be any paper jammed.The problem started when printing a document the printer just stopped half way through,the paper was removed since then the printer has not worked. Anyone any Ideas what may be the problem?

Fingees 18:53 13 Oct 2007

Are you sure there is not a way to get into the printer, ie., on the back or underneath, as I run a Canon 5500, and the back removes, to get at jammed paper.

amonra 19:10 13 Oct 2007

Make sure that all the covers, lids and backs etc. are firmly in place. It sounds like one of the sensor switches is not making.

tonyq 19:23 13 Oct 2007

Fingees
there is a section at the back which can be removed, which I have removed but cannot see any paper there at all,nor in the paper loading places. In short I can't see any jammed paper anywhere.

tonyq 20:01 13 Oct 2007

Just noticed that when the ink cartridge lid is opened the ink cartridges do not move into the centre which I presume they should,the same as if I was going to change a ink cartridge.

laurie53 20:40 13 Oct 2007

Try to check the whole of the paper path - sometimes a small corner of paper will get stuck in a vital place and jam the printer.

tonyq 13:17 14 Oct 2007

problem sorted,as laurie53 suggested it was a small screwed up piece of paper that was jammed. Thank you all for your help/advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017