Printer or Photovopier?

hawthorn59 03:35 04 Jan 2010

Hi Folks

My photocopier is in trouble and needs a new drum or something expensive like that, so its not worth getting fixed! I do probably max 1000-1500 copies a year.

I also need a new printer so am wondering if it is possible to combine the 2...

I would probably like a colour laser (wireless) printer. Is there one available that will also do copies? I never liked the inkjet ones that were also "copiers" as I felt they would use too much ink and cartridges are expensive.

With a laser is it just a drum and toner...???? Or what? Would it be cheaper or can it do the job I want.

Or is the alternative of a printer and a small "actual" photocopier a better option?

Sorry if its a bit muddled.

thanks

h

tdmoh 13:15 04 Jan 2010

I use a HP2575 all in one printer scanner copier. Works great. Buy your ink on ebay for about £10 a cartridge ( you need Black & Tricolour ) the black gives 860 pages. My daughter bought a similar all in one from WH Smith for £40 before christmas. You could also try ebay for an all in one. Good hunting !

woodchip 14:13 04 Jan 2010

is Basically a Scanner Laser Printer. No use for photos.

If you want to use laser for photos new Colour Laser Printers are not bad. I have a Epson c1100 does photos better than Inkjet on Copy paper

woodchip 17:04 04 Jan 2010

For Laser you can just Buy Toner and fill your own, Drum you can buy Compatible

Woolwell 17:17 04 Jan 2010

A lot depends on your budget. A multi-function colour laser would replace scanner, printer and photocopier. I think your print run per year is quite low for a photocopier. Have a look at this page for an idea of options click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache