Printer only printing in pink

Rhuddlan 11:51 30 Jan 2005

Got a new ink cartridge for my friend's printer and all was ok when i installed it, but now anything that gets printed out only prints in the colour pink. She has windows xp home and a lexmark z45 printer, the heads have been cleaned twice and the alignment sorted out, but this hasn't helped things, any ideas? Rhuddlan.

johnnyrocker 11:52 30 Jan 2005

duff cartridge?

johnny.

ACOLYTE 11:56 30 Jan 2005

Well its either a duff cartridge or the heads are still blocked,or it isnt inserted properly.

jack 11:57 30 Jan 2005

Yup definitly Duff Cart -- send it back

Gongoozler 11:59 30 Jan 2005

If it helps, it's most likely the cyan cartridge/printhead that's not working.

Rhuddlan 12:08 30 Jan 2005

I purchased it form argos last weekend and only started printing in pink yesterday, they won't sccept back now, as it's been opened, tried that one with any cartridge a few weeks ago, I spent £22.99 for the wrong cartridge and they wouldn't take it back! Will try installing it again and I will make sure that the cartridge is installed properly and the heads aren't blocked.

Rhuddlan 14:18 30 Jan 2005

Well that didn't work, so any other suggestion? As I said, I can't take it back, how do I know if the nozzles aren't or are blocked? Thanks for the help.

P.S. I promise Johnnyrocker, that I WILL post a back if a solution was found to let everyone know what cured the problem.

jack 14:23 30 Jan 2005

Do not take that sort of answer from Argos-
You have to open and install the item before you or anyone else can know it is faulty.
Consumers rights and all that
Goods sold for the purpose etc.
Go Kick Ass

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 30 Jan 2005

click here read this thread might help

topdude 18:06 30 Jan 2005

I had this problem on a HP printer, thought it was the printhead blocked, wasted loads of ink cleaning.

Reinstalled the printer driver software and problem resolved !

Worth a try.

Rhuddlan 18:07 30 Jan 2005

Hi topdude, will give that a try cheers for the help everyone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone