Printer not working-Malicious script to blame?

Sapins 09:37 30 Jun 2004

I have just visited Google to search for "Morse Code" sites which I found ok but when I tried to print out the Morse code from one of the sites the printer would not run, I tried switching it off and on but it would not print. After several tries I used the printer troubleshooter(I am running XP Home)which did not resolve the problem but I then got an alert "Malicious Script Detected" Stop the script recommended so I clicked ok to stop it. The printer still will not print. The other weird problem was when I had a web page from the search on screen and after I tried to print it out, the page went blank and disappeared behind the other IE page (PCA Helproom) I had open. I could not get the info on that web page to re-appear,I had to "end task it" I suppose this is to do with the malicious script?

I would like to know what has happened before I use system restore, if that will solve the problem!

Sapins 10:32 30 Jun 2004

Must have been the malicious script, I have restored to an earlier point and the printer now works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?