Printer not printing pdf documents

urale 17:38 28 Jan 2008

I have Epson Stylus CX5200 printer which has stopped printing pdf files but prints all other files, Word etc OK. When I click on 'print' on a pdf file, a pop up window titled 'Print to File' appears and asks for 'Output File Names'. Putting a file name here does not help. I was able to print pdf files till a few days ago without any problem.

I have reloded Acrobat Reader 8.1.1, which I use,but not cured the problem. My OS is XP Home.

I will be grateful for any suggestions to solve this problem.

anskyber 17:41 28 Jan 2008

Many of us here use the lighter Foxit Reader, you could try that. click here

howard64 17:49 28 Jan 2008

if you have word highlight the pdf and control c to copy it and open a word page and control v to paste it. I often do this to just print the bits I want not all of it.

urale 18:19 28 Jan 2008

Thank you anskyber, I have downloaded Foxit Reader and it solved the problem, I can print pdf files directly using this software which I was not aware of.

It would be nice though to know why it stopped printing with the Acrobat Reader.

urale 18:21 28 Jan 2008

Thank you howard64, I have been using this technique but found it time consuming for straight forward printing, but it is OK for selected part printing.

VoG II 18:21 28 Jan 2008

There is a Repair option on the Help menu of Acrobat Reader.

urale 19:33 30 Jan 2008

Thank you VoG, I have tried the Repair option but did not help. Foxit reader prints the pdf documents fine so I removed the Acrobat Reader from my computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?