Printer not printing black

Elrond 21:06 13 Feb 2003

EPSON COLOR 760. The girlfriend has been buying compatible cartridges for the named printer, from 7day shop, for a while now, no problems until 7 dayshop decided to ship a different variety of compatible. There has been no problem with the color cartridges but the black cartridge stopped printing when the ink levels were showing it as half full. Now the problem here is the printer doesn't like you removing cartridges when levels are still showing some volume. So we had to manually remove the cartridge in the end. Put a new one in(same brand) and all was fine, but ink levels shwing half from previous. When the level monitor then became low, the printer started to show a connection error, so wouldn't print. So had to removed the cartridge(technically still half full) then put it back in, ink level showed full but wouldn't print, took it out and put another new one in and it still wont print. The colour cartridge is still fine, but wen printing black the printer acts as if it is printing but no ink is going on to the paper. Any suggestions and what has she done!

Elrond 21:07 13 Feb 2003

PS I've unistalled and re-installed all software for the printer. And that hasn't helped. I'm hoping not, but beginning to think, there is some damage that may mean a trip to buy a new printer tomorrow with all that money i haven't got

Gongoozler 21:14 13 Feb 2003

Elrond, see if any of the methods for resetting Epson printers given on this site helps click here

Djohn 21:16 13 Feb 2003

Elrond, Have you remembered to remove the sealing tape fully from the top of the cartridge ?

Elrond 21:19 13 Feb 2003

Yes

Djohn 21:26 13 Feb 2003

Elrond, sorry, I was off reading the excellent link provided by Gongoozler, It tells you all that I could, and more as well. Good luck. J.

Elrond 21:32 13 Feb 2003

Thanks for the suggestion Gongoozler, however none of these seem to work

Djohn 21:36 13 Feb 2003

Elrond, You will need to give the head cleaning procedure time to work, May need to leave overnight.

Follow the cleaning of the underneath of heads, as described in the link.

Barney 12:16 16 Feb 2003

Try putting the cartridge in the steam from the kettle it could be dried up and the steam will unclog it

SantasLittleHelper 12:38 16 Feb 2003

Hi Elrond, a tip for future reference, if you are replacing a part full cartridge for a new one follow this procedure :- 1)remove the old cartridge 2)switch printer off 3)wait approx one minute then switch back on again 4)Install new cartridge. This procedure resets the ink counters to zero, it will then show correct ink levels for new cartridge. p.s. sometimes it can need up to 20 or 30 head cleans to clear.

BRYNIT 12:54 16 Feb 2003

It may be a fauly with the compatible cartridges supplied try an origial cartridge if this works you will know what is at fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?