PRINTER NOT PRINTING

ALISHA 15:16 11 Mar 2003

I HAVE AN EPSOM PRINTER. THE PAPER GOES THROUGH BUT WHEN IT COMESOUT NOTHING IS PRINTED ON IT. PLEASE HELP|!!!!!

Allan-263226 15:20 11 Mar 2003

Have you downloaded the latest drivers? I had this problem with my HP and it cured it.
Other than that is there ink in the cartridge and is it fitted correctly?

ALISHA 15:22 11 Mar 2003

HOW DOI DOWNLOAD THE LATEST DRIVERS? AND THE INK SHOULD NOT HAVE RUN OUT, I'VE ONLY JUST REPLACED THE INK

Allan-263226 15:26 11 Mar 2003

Try here....
click here=

ALISHA 15:30 11 Mar 2003

THAT JUST CAME UP AS ERROR. THANX FOR TRYING THOUGH

Allan-263226 15:32 11 Mar 2003
  Pesala 15:33 11 Mar 2003

On your printer driver you should have a utility (status monitor) that checks the ink levels. Perhaps the cartridges were not inserted properly.

Presumably, since you have just replaced the ink, the printer was printing before you did so. Therefore it cannot be a fault with the drivers.

Run through the cartridge replacement procedure one more time, making sure you follow each step. Some compatible cartridges have a tab to pull off before you put them into the printer.

Only a wild guess. Please excuse me if I am way off course here.

stlucia 15:35 11 Mar 2003

If the ink has not run out (you can see if there's ink in the tank and, if it's a modern printer, it would also give an error message if it's run out), and the printer sounds like it's printing instead of just doing a paper-feed, the heads may need cleaning. You can start the head-cleaning routine by pressing certain combinations of the pushbuttons on the printer (see your manual, or sometimes it's printed inside the printer case), or through the Windows Print Manager facility.

AndySD 15:39 11 Mar 2003

Hold the On/off button in for 5 or so seconds untill the cartridge starts moving.... it will then reset itself.

IZZY 16:21 11 Mar 2003

You don't say which model you have but if you wish to explore the Epsom site

click here

although I think the advice you've already been given should sole your problem especially if everything was OK before your installed a new cartrige.

Regards.

IZZY

PS. Turn off Caps Lock please. We can hear you OK.

Diemmess 17:28 11 Mar 2003

One possibility is .... you are doing too much!

If you replaced a really dry ink cartridge with a new one, or where a bit slow in repalcing anything, you can create an airlock, which will cure itself if you simply leave it alone overnight.

We're only talking of tiny bubbles here, but constant attempts to clean it, examine it and worry it will maintain the fault. Just leave it alone for at least 12 hours and this fault cures itself.

I admit it is unlikely to happen to both black and colour inks at the same time, so leave you with the miserable thought that it could be dead.

Try just leaving it alone, it should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?