printer noise

carolann 15:38 28 Nov 2009

Hi My printer has been working fine. Required an ink change did that now is making a knocking noise.
I tried to print. Message appeared said ink not installed correctly. Removed inks and replaced ( one was loose) still same problem .
tc carolann

Technotiger 15:58 28 Nov 2009

What make and model is the printer?

Try re-seating the cartridges again. Make sure no 'foreign body' has dropped inside, have a close look inside to see if all looks well or not.

carolann 16:09 28 Nov 2009

Hi It is a cannon Pixma. The book that came with it gives no "trouble shooting" items.
Will try again as you suggest remove and replace the inks.

carolann 16:12 28 Nov 2009

The nois starts imediately on start up even before the ink carrage has moved.

Technotiger 16:33 28 Nov 2009

I have only ever used Epson printers, so am not familiar with your Pixma. I would guess that perhaps a roller has become dislodged or as I said earlier some sort of object has got inside near the rollers, or the Print Heads or other moving part.

I would suggest it needs to be taken apart, perhaps only partially, for further investigation. Maybe a visit to your local PC dealer is needed.

This sort of thing is 'right-up-my-street' so to speak, if you are anywhere near me I would be happy to look at it for you. I am in the Portsmouth area.

carolann 17:03 28 Nov 2009

Hi Thanks for offer but live a long distance away although still on the coast.
I will get it checked out further .
thanks again for reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?