Printer On Network Problem

woodchip 19:21 28 Dec 2005

I have two Printers connected to my Win98se Computer A Epson 680 that shows OK in the Share printer on Wireless Laptop Also a samsung Laser that did show but I had to remove and Re-install driver cannot rember why but now it does not show on the laptop. I have removed it all within Windows and Re-installed but to no avail. Anybody got any IDEAS to try before I put a 05/05 Image back to get it working on network. All have got share by them, and everywhere that should be shared, i think it is a registry problem but where.

mgmcc 22:25 28 Dec 2005

I have a Samsung Laser printer and it's an absolute "pain". The PC that its connected to seems to keep losing it and I'm forever having to uninstall and reinstall the software using the CD - it won't even "repair" as it should, I have to uninstall and start again. I then have to share it again and reinstall it as a network printer in the "client" PCs.

You might have to go through that pantomime to get it working properly - possibly better though than reverting back to such an old image file.

woodchip 11:20 29 Dec 2005

thank's but I never had a problem up to this. It's a ML 4500

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?