Printer Installation

peterleemaxwell 15:19 31 Mar 2007

After over writing WXP Pro, i found that the printer which i had been using prior to the re-installation, had lost its drivers. I downloaded fresh drivers and went to add printer but it stated "Operation could not be completed". Even a hardware scan does not pick up the printer and also loading the drivers does not help. I have also changed the USB cable into different ports but still no luck. It picks up Scanners, webcams, external HDD's and every other piece of USB equipment, but not the printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lee.

ArrGee 15:42 31 Mar 2007

Make sure that you do not have the printer plugged in whilst installing the drivers.

Reinstall the drivers that you have downloaded, then plug in the printer, then turn the printer on.

I hope this is of help.

peterleemaxwell 15:48 31 Mar 2007

ArrGee,
Sorry, forgot to mention in the 1st post, i've already tried that and it didn't work. Tried it unplugged, plugged in, tried installing drivers first, adding a printer before the drivers, every which way i can think of but the pc still won't even recognise that there is a printer on the end of the USB cable! Thanks for your speedy reply though.

ArrGee 17:58 31 Mar 2007

Try going into the device manager and see if there are any hardware conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?