printer ink problems

Eddie 2425 10:47 20 Aug 2006

Hi
I had a Lexmark X1150 3 in 1 printer, the problem i had was when i used a spreadsheet and high lighted a colour for example red it would print a different colour. i thought it was the ink cartridges had them replaced, still the same problem. I tolerated and got used to it.
However i now purchased a new printer an Epsom R220 same problem so what do i do now? examples are if i ask it to print red it prints yellow, blue it prints pink, pink it prints green, yellow it prints pink, green it prints purple, and so on. I only bought the printer 2 days ago so it cant be cartridges, i have downloaded the lastest driver from Epsom.
Please help cheers Eddie

spuds 11:30 20 Aug 2006

Sounds a bit of a mystery, unless you have installed the cartridges in the wrong slots!.

Having two different make printers, doing the same 'error' would nigh on be impossible, unless the above is correct, or the program that you are using for the printouts, is faulty in some way. Have you used the program previously with good results?.

Both Epson and Lexmark have good technical back-up, so why not contact them for further advice, or you could try click here

Regarding the Epson,and perhaps the Lexmark (if still under warranty) you could refer the matter back to the retailer's, and see what their response is. Epson usually do a swap-out on any faulty units, but in consumer law, the retailer is the first link in the chain for consumer satisfaction.

Eddie 2425 12:43 20 Aug 2006

hi spuds thanks for the reply,the lexmark used to work ok i have just checked the cartridge slots on both printers and they are all in the correct slots, i have also just tried printing in microsoft wordpad with the same results.
Lexmark is out of warranty but i will try Epsom tomorrow. I actually think the problems started when i downloaded sp2 but i am not sure, bit of a coincedence??. i suspect the problem could be my computer some settings or other, rather than the printer but i just dont know where to look other than the usual places control panel etc
cheers Eddie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?