Printer ink - Epson Picturemate T557

badgermansix 19:07 30 Sep 2012

Hello, I have had this Epson Picturemate T557 for a few years, and have always been very pleased with the results, using Epson Original Ink. However, I now need to look at the cost of this ink, so my question is:- Has anyone used a "compatible" ink for this printer, and got equally good results that they could recommend?

Thank yo.

northumbria61 19:38 01 Oct 2012

Can't really speak for your Epson but I had a HP Photosmart for 6 years and used nothing else but compatibles. They always gave good results and personally I couldn't see any difference. I have only recently changed to a Samsung Colour Laser because my HP had come to the end of its working life.

badgermansix 16:39 03 Oct 2012

northumbria61 ; Thanks for your info. I'll wait to see if there are any further inputs.

mooly 07:38 04 Oct 2012

My experience of "cheap" compatables for Epson (not your model) was poor. Cartridges not recognised, poor print quality etc. The only brand I now use (for the last 5 years in two different Epsons) are Jettec which come with a full warranty. Not the cheapest around although many Jettecs have up to 100% more capacity than the originals.

badgermansix 06:44 05 Oct 2012

mooly, thank you also for your input, I think it will be a hit or miss with compatables so I'll forget about using them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?