Printer ink

Ridleyrider 12:06 29 Jun 2003

I have put a new black ink cartridge in my Epson C62 printer. It is not an Epson one, it is a cheap unbranded one from Choice Stationery.

I have charged the new cartridge and the printer status says that the cartridge is full. However, my prints are coming off very faded. I thought it may just be the first print so I printed 5 others which are equally faded.

Please help!

mole44 12:08 29 Jun 2003

try putting the printer through the head cleaning cyckle se if that helps,otherwise take catridges and reciept back to supplier and ask for refund

Confab 12:09 29 Jun 2003

Contact Choice - They are very good and should replace it, no problem.

Kryten 12:35 29 Jun 2003

I have a printer in the cellar (Epson 600) that ran without any problems even with compatible cartridges (Print-rite & Jettec), but 2 black cartridges from Choice Stationery and it had to be binned because of banding (even after running the cleaning cycle through 2 other cartridges). That is why I never use compatible now on my Epson Photo Printer.

pj123 12:50 29 Jun 2003

I also use ink from choice stationery and have never had recourse to complain, yet!. But they do give a really good guarantee. contact them and I am sure they will replace them.

Djohn 12:55 29 Jun 2003

Agree with pj123 My Epson 600 ran for nearly three years on compatible ink. No problems at all, except for one time, same as you, faulty black cartridge. The only fault with constant charging/cleaning of the black ink, is that you will be using up coloured ink as well, best to ask for a replacement. j.

LAP 13:31 29 Jun 2003

Ridleyrider.. my wife and I both run computers using C62 printers. Other than using the original ink cartridge that can with them I will not buy any Epson originals. My wife is in the process of printing a book (lots 0f coloured pics) and has used only compatible cartridges all of which came from Choice Stationery. At £50 for 6 blk & 6 col. with high quality results we are more than happy.
Just anothers opinion..Lap..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?