printer fault?

diddi.ash 19:02 05 Sep 2007

I have an epson dx 38000 and do a lot personalised address labels with microsoft publisher and just recently when it prints it misses some words on some of the labels, they have 24 stickers on each sheet, it only happens randomly, some sheets print ok but others there are some words or just letters missing, i thought it was the printer up the creek so bought a new one epson dx4000, but just set it up and started printing away and the same thing has happened so it cant be the printer
any ideas please as to what it could be?

Leslie-212488 20:34 05 Sep 2007

by a process of elimination i would say that the paper could be the problem. you could try a different batch or , a different make.
just a thought

Totally-braindead 20:45 05 Sep 2007

Its the random bit that puzzles me, if it did it all the time to a particular part of the label then I would be tempted to say it was the way the borders are set up and would tell you to change the printable area under paper from standard to maximum. If it is random as you say and only happens once in a while then I'm lost.
I would suggest though that if 2 printers do exactly the same thing then the problem can't be the printers and must be something to do with the setup in the software you are using.

diddi.ash 21:57 05 Sep 2007

yes that is what i am thinking so tryed to start from scratch but cant find the microsoft publisher in microsoft office programs..
as i print as a business and do loads aday i use the already saved files from my documents that i kept when my computer was updated some months back, as i didnt want to lose my work... is it possible that when microsoft office 2007 does not have publisher?

Totally-braindead 22:07 05 Sep 2007

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think MS Office 2007 does have Publisher. Thats the Standard Edition I am talking about, the Professional Edition and the Ultimate Edition do.

It depends which version you have.

Totally-braindead 22:09 05 Sep 2007

Just had a thought, if it is the Professional Edition you do have then it might not be installed by default and if so you could install it from your Office disk.

diddi.ash 23:05 05 Sep 2007

i dont think i have the disk as the computer man installed it with his disc!!

woodchip 23:08 05 Sep 2007

Software Problem. Looks like it may be a Bug in Office. Have you got all the Updates for office???

woodchip 23:09 05 Sep 2007

Could also be a Windows Spooler problem

Migwell 23:16 05 Sep 2007

Did I not read some ware that uncle Bill was giving up on MSPublisher as everything that it could do, you could do in MSWord.

diddi.ash 08:35 06 Sep 2007

I do think i have a bug as my computer has been playing up!!
no i dont have any updates for office, do i do that on line with microsoft?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone