printer drivers

keith-188400 15:23 07 Jan 2010

Can anyone help to find a printer driver for my Canon mp110 printer.My new w7 64bit pc doesn't recognise it. Canon say they are developing a driver but it is not ready yet.Surely they don't have to have a unique driver for every printer, there are dozens of them.Is it possible that one of the other printers uses the same driver?

Sea Urchin 16:50 07 Jan 2010

Don't know why they Canon say that - they appear to have Windows 7 drivers for your printer. Select your op system and language from here

click here

GaT7 17:13 07 Jan 2010

Sea Urchin there are no compatible Win7 64-bit drivers available, only couple of applications - a screenshot click here.

"Surely they don't have to have a unique driver for every printer,"

Unfortunately they do. Otherwise they'd be happy to suggest to use another available driver wouldn't they?

"Is it possible that one of the other printers uses the same driver?"

Unlikely, but is worth a try with drivers of a similar model.

The odd thing is that Win7 compatibility site shows that 32 & 64-bit is fine with this printer click here.

The Canon Win7 compatibility site doesn't list the MP110 - I think 'Inkjet AIO Printer' is the correct section. G

GaT7 17:15 07 Jan 2010

Missed the Canon link - click here. G

keith-188400 17:13 08 Jan 2010

Thanks everybody. I found through the MS compatability site that Canon list the drivers under MP130 which is part of the multifunction printer scanner MP110.
Have downloaded , now ok.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache