printer driver problem

karad 14:21 24 Jun 2003

Hi, I need to install the latest up to date driver for my Lexmark X5150 all in one printer. I have gone to the Lexmark website and located the said driver which needs to be downloaded. It says I must uninstall the present driver HELP!!
Could someone take the time to set out an idiots guide for doing this for me
How do I uninstall the present driver?
Then I have to download the driver to my Desktop, then what?
Does uninstalling the present driver mean uninstalling the whole printer?

Jester2K II 14:41 24 Jun 2003

Go to Add / Remove Programs in the Control Panel and find the Lexmark Printer Driver. You can remove it from here. Then once the file has downloaded just run the file you get and it'll install the new drivers.

sil_ver 17:09 24 Jun 2003

You may need to disconnect the printer from your PC before installing the new driver.

karad 20:57 24 Jun 2003

Thanks, I don't actually have it connected as I have a laptop and connect as needed for my photography. I have found how to uninstall the present driver by going into computer programs lexmark drivers and there is an uninstall, however since I keep getting about an hour into the 3 hour download and it tells me it cannot download it from lexmark site I am now at a loss what to do next. can you order the new drivers from the company on a disc?

karad 20:58 24 Jun 2003

by the way i'm running xp

Kermie 21:34 24 Jun 2003

Try doing a search on Google etc for the file to download.
You could always install a download manager that would enable you to continue/resume as and when the `conditions` are right..

Jester2K II 08:56 25 Jun 2003

I use FreshDownload from click here to make sure downloads run ok. Or you could try your local web cafe as they will have broadband and cd writers...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017