Printer for digital photographs

usualright 12:10 11 Apr 2004

Could anyone recommend a printer for digital photographs which is cost effective and gives good reproduction

Old Shep 12:15 11 Apr 2004

I have a Epson Photo 925 which I think is brilliant. The photo's it prints are like the 'real thing' but like anything the ink cartridges are not cheap but you can get them on the net cheaper than the local shops.

johnnyrocker 12:16 11 Apr 2004

i use epson 870 with good results.

johnny.

bremner 12:21 11 Apr 2004

Another option is the HP Photosmart 7762 which PC World have on special offer this weekend for £99.99 (NOrmal PCW price £199.99) although it can be had on line for around £140.

This is a good photo printer with a built in 4 card reader.

[email protected] 12:45 11 Apr 2004

usualright

There are some excellent photo printers on the market today
But it’s the running cost that you need to look at as well
I have the Canon i965 which to me is brilliant and the cost of the cartridges are reasonable

jakimo 13:04 11 Apr 2004

Epson R300,a 6 ink cartridge printer,also will print directly onto printable cd|dvd disc's,or Canon i865 a 4 ink cartridge printer,either will give you outstanding prints (when using oem quality photo paper & ink carts)

pj123 14:10 11 Apr 2004

As you can see from the responses you are not going to get a definitive answer to this, as everyone will recommend the printer they have. Costwise the Epson range are probably the cheapest because they don't have the printhead built in to the ink cartridge. I have 3 Epson printers and all produce good prints. I get my ink and glossy paper from Choice Stationery at click here The printer I use most for digital prints is the Epson 915 which has "Print Image Matching" and also has an adaptor for most camera cards.

byfordr 18:28 11 Apr 2004

You could do far worse than a canon. i865 for those on a budget i965 with more cash to splash i990 for ultimate! Individually changeable ink tanks, superb photo quality, quick!

R

trilby4 07:57 12 Apr 2004

I would support byfordr's view re Canon. I have had several Epsons in the past. Canon inks are marginally less expensive and will (reportedly)not fade as fast as Epson. I get superb results from my Canon i965.

Rogerfredo 10:52 12 Apr 2004

Although it is not always a good idea to buy "obsolete" kit, if you keep your eyes open and on sites like Dabs, Watford, Novatech, Simply etc., you can often pick up a "special offer" which are usually those models about to be superceded. I bought an Epson 875DC photo printer about 2 years ago for half the cost of the succeeding model, and it is superb! (probably better build quality than the later model!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?