A printer that can print on CARD??

pamdas 19:35 23 Mar 2009

Hi all
Im really hoping that a printer expert out there can help me.

I own a small business (craft/jewellery/cards) and frequently meed to print on card. Not super think. Just basic card. Not more than 200gsm.

I had a Epson Stylus C64 (dont laugh) which used to feed card (albeit one by one) but did the job. Its now old and dying (almost dead).

I went to Staples first who advised on the Epson SX400 to print on the card. Guess what - it doesn't print on card. The little grabber things just wouldnt pull it through. I called Epson customer servies who said 'we actually dont recommend using card through any of our printers'. So it went back (a big nightmare cos I was JUST out of the 30day return policy).

Got desperate so started ringing the 'big' companies one by one to see if they knew which of their models printed on card...

So I called cannon customer services who recommended that all of the MX and IP range take up 300gsm card. I checked with Canon before I handed over my money at Argos and decided on a Canon PIXMAMP260 which would print on card.....brought it home, set it up with the mac and it is taking the card through but there are big blotchy black smudges back and front (vertical and horizontal some like roller marks). I have been through the entire troubleshooting and worked through the ideas - no joy. Called Canon customer services who say that 'they cant help - take it back to Argos. It must be a faulty printer'.

My whole day has been a printer nightmare from 9am till 7pm.

So I am asking any of you printer experts out there if you can help me answer this question. Do you know of a reasonably priced printer that can simply print on card aswell as paper. I am willing to spend about £150 which should get me a half decent printer I should imagine....anyone??

OR how can I solve the blotchy marks mystery??

Pam

Covergirl 22:34 23 Mar 2009

Before you can tick the thread as completed.

Try now.

peter99co 12:22 24 Mar 2009

My Epson C66 prints on what I call thick paper. I think it is 140 gsm but I have lost the wrapper.

I use it to make Birthday and Xmas cards etc.
The paper came from Makro originally

Covergirl 14:50 24 Mar 2009

. . . see duplicate thread at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires