Printer Advise

hiwatt 16:35 10 Nov 2009

Hi folks
I'm looking to buy a printer as a gift.It's to be used with a Packard bell i start 2380.I don't know anything about printers(never had one)Could anyone recommend a good printer at a reasonable price please?Thank you.

jakimo 18:01 10 Nov 2009

Have you given any thought as to what you want to produce on a printer?..a few documents or a lot, and bw\colour photos,,col\graphs....laser or inkjet.i.e. if its just documents then a cheap laser would be the cheapest to run.just type " printer review" in google and read some of the reviews,then come back here for some recomendations

hiwatt 17:10 17 Nov 2009

Hi.Ideally the printer is to be used for printing colour pictures/photo's,printing song lyrics etc from the net.A printer with a scanner would be good.Was just hoping some folks could recommend a good one that's not too expensive?Thanks.

Pineman100 18:35 17 Nov 2009

You can find a multi-function printer for less than £30 - for example click here=|c:1430|&Sort=1

But bear in mind that the purchase price of the printer is only a small part of the money that you're going to spend on it. The great majority of your costs will be inks. And if you print a moderate quantity of stuff, ink costs can be hundreds of pounds, over the lifetime of the printer.

Kodak claim to have the cheapest inks on the market - click here

By the way, when you do buy the printer, just check that it comes complete with its connection cable (almost certainly USB). Not all do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache