Daiol 11:15 20 Sep 2008

Hello,I would like some advice on a new printer
I had a canon ip4300 but it went beyond repair so i'm looking for a new one
As you know the canon could print onto cd disc etc
i'm looking for something in that line
maybe an epson one not another canon
it was to expensive on ink carts.Any ideas please.Thanks daiol

Joe R 11:46 20 Sep 2008

Have had this printer for approximately three years now.

Has impressive photo printing capabilities, can print direct to cd, and has the biggest choice of compatible cartridges, or ciss choices available.

click here

chub_tor 12:25 20 Sep 2008

click here is the printer getting rave reviews right now. I know that you said not necessarily Canon but this one does print directly onto CDs. You can get compatible cartridges with chips already on them that are far cheaper than Canon's and you can replace each cartridge individually. There are many sources of supply and I suggest that you look around for the cheapest. One source click here

Daiol 19:29 20 Sep 2008

Thanks Both for your replies,Been looking at the Epson R800.What are your thoughts please?.
click here

chub_tor 20:34 20 Sep 2008

Very pricey for home use, doesn't print on CDs, only one paper tray (my mp610 has two), prints up to legal size paper (but who needs it?). Has firewire input and USB (who needs it?). At this price I would expect wireless operation. Unless you are doing professional printing I don't see the need for this printer.

Daiol 22:09 20 Sep 2008

Yes i must admit that it was a bit expensive,What i really want is a printer that i can have tidy end product ie photos from and also facilities to print onto a cd disc and of course something that i can use compatable ink carts at afordable prices.The canon ip4300 was quite heavy on ink any help on that note please. daiol saying thanks to all.

Technotiger 22:19 20 Sep 2008

I use the excellent Epson Stylus Photo R360 which does all you are asking.

Condom 01:14 21 Sep 2008

Get yourself and Epson and then link it to a CISS and forget about cartridges forever.

Daiol 21:24 21 Sep 2008

Been looking at all the options provided by you all,I think i will go for the epson R285 been reading some reviews and seems to be okay for what i require.Thankyou all for your kind support once again.daiol.

Daiol 18:05 23 Sep 2008

Latest update.Got an Epson R285 Today.Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache