Printer adaptors ???

  giosblue 19:20 07 Sep 2006

Is possible to buy some sort of adapter to convert a parallel post on a printer to serial port??

  giosblue 19:27 07 Sep 2006

I think I've found some? Its seems there are two types though. 9WDP/25WDS and a 9WDS/25WDP ?

Whats the difference?

  ICF 19:29 07 Sep 2006
  giosblue 19:39 07 Sep 2006

Still not sure. I want to keep the serial connector at the PC and put a converter on the other end for the printer. Can this be done?

  STREETWORK 20:19 07 Sep 2006

Usual to put the converter into the PC.

  Longhouse 20:23 07 Sep 2006

try here

click here

click here

if its serial usb

click here

click here

alternative is to install an I/O expansion card internal to the machine to give extra serial or parallel ports

  terryf 20:26 07 Sep 2006

Have you considered printer to usb converter? a google for this came up with a lot of links

  DieSse 20:35 07 Sep 2006

The two converters you show do not convert a parallel port to a serial port - they convert 25pin serial ports to 9 pin serial ports - and vice versa, as does the adaptor in ICFs link.

The answer is probably a USB to parallel converter, as suggested.

  giosblue 20:45 07 Sep 2006

Maybe I'm wrong?

The situation is this. I have receipt printer the uses a small connector on both ends. I thought this was a serial connector. I also have exactly the same printer that has a wide connection, I thought this was parallel?
Is this not the case?

I want to swap the printer without using another port if possible.

  giosblue 20:46 07 Sep 2006

Wahy type are these?

click here(a32vug45qv04v055d4buib45)/cable/Connectors.aspx?cat=printer

  terryf 20:47 07 Sep 2006

Small connector sounds like usb, what do printer specs say, if you don't have handbook, download from mfr site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?