Printer

ponytail 07:10 28 Mar 2009

I am having trouble with my computer so it is away being sorted out.A relative has lent me his old computer which works fine just a bit slow.I have connected my printer to it but how do I make this my default printer as when I try to print it says printer not found.

hastelloy 07:40 28 Mar 2009

Have you installed the printer drivers?

recap 07:43 28 Mar 2009

I think you will have to go in to the Printer and Faxes option from the Start button and follow the Wizard to Add a Printer.

ponytail 07:45 28 Mar 2009

Further to my problem with my printer.I have printed off a test page.But when I try to print a document when I click on print in the select printer section it lists my relatives printer but not mine and the status is unable to connect.When I click on printers and faxes in the control panel my printer is listed.Can someone advise

jack 08:30 28 Mar 2009

Software disk

Go to Start/Printers and Faxes.
In the left panel- click 'Add printer'
When the window comes up ignore have disk and click on - 'Select from list'
Then select Make
Then select Model or the nearest in the series if the exact model is not listed.
Click OK
You now have the computer aware of the printer.
The test page- is derived from firmware built into the printer and has nothing to do with the computer apart from passing the command.

ponytail 09:54 28 Mar 2009

Thanks for all the advice everything is fine now

ponytail 10:05 28 Mar 2009

The printer is working fine now.But when I normally print on my own computer it normally shows you a picture of how much ink is left in either cartridge but this does not appear now.I am using a Epson Stylus 900 Photo Printer.Any ideas anyone.Thanks

Bob The Blob 10:20 28 Mar 2009

You need to download and install the drivers from Epson's site to have the facility to see the ink levels. At the moment it seems you are using just the basic windows drivers.

ponytail 13:13 28 Mar 2009

Thanks bob the blob Can you advise where to down load the drivers from and the method of doing it.Is this the site to download from.

click here

jack 15:12 29 Mar 2009

Just poke around until you see the driver download page.
By the way the Ink level indicators is a software generated by the Computer using the page count.
Not very accurate - if for example you are printing a lot of A4's with a few lines on them.
Download click here
Thu is the Epson utility for ink level, resetting counter, head cleaning.
When the site comes up it will be in all probability in Russian.
Poke around the English is there somewhere.
Install the program
double click on the task bar icon to select your Epson model.
Right click to bring up the operating menu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?