muffin1947 17:56 29 Nov 2007

My son has just replaced my mother board and the problem I now have is my printer cable does not fit onto the new socket.I believe what I have is a parallel port cable so is it possible to get some kind of adaptor to accept my current printer lead or will I have to replace my printer.Details of my new mother board enclosed.

click here


  Newuser939 18:05 29 Nov 2007

According to Figure 3 in your link, the board does have a parallel port.

  SANTOS7 18:07 29 Nov 2007

click here
A USB printer cable may be the way to go...

  Diemmess 18:07 29 Nov 2007

Yes, its possible (Parallel to USB), though not cheap
click here
Just one example, but try a trawl around various retailers.

  FreeCell 18:09 29 Nov 2007

On your link it shows the motherboard connectors as having a parallel port (long purple connector), which is the "old" type of port used by old printers. Does your printer have a parallel cable? If so should fit.

Was going to suggest you needed an adaptor to connect parallel to a USB port but the motherboard as shown shouldn't need it

Adaptor is something like
click here

  SANTOS7 18:10 29 Nov 2007

click here

Blimey £5:99 for the same thing...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017